- I don’t know what’s dumber: being asked to remove your transformers t-shirt in order to fly, or not knowing what transformer is on said t-shirt.
- Boosting McCain’s vote the old-fashioned way: by marginalizing the rights of a group of people.
- I wouldn’t consider this much of a story, since they were going to jump anyway, but luckily the pilot wasn’t hurt.
- AND FINALLY, I still maintain that overpopulation is the problem, and birth control measures are a solid key to our future prosperity: The facts are stark. A metric ton of wheat cost around $375 on the commodity exchanges in early 2006. In March 2008, it stood at over $900. Maize has gone from around $250 to $560 in the same period. Rice prices have also soared. The physical inventories of grain relative to demand are also down sharply in recent years.
- The U.N. secretary-general told world leaders on Tuesday that food production must rise by 50 percent by 2030 to meet increasing demand. (Oh, by all means, CLONE AWAY! 🙄 )